Too much stuff and not enough space, or maybe you’re just tired of the clutter. That seems to be a pretty common issue and many people have offered solutions! Below are some space saving, organization ideas; most of which can be done relatively cheap. Keep in mind these are only a few ideas and there are many more you can choose from!
- Linen/Utility Closet
- Fold sheet sets up and place in one of it’s pillow cases. Makes for organized, stack-able storage that lets you easily find what you are looking for while keeping the entire set together. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AU-OL8JpZtUEtk4uTjpS2AufT4cNdDjpWWKb2VAn9gwC-Auk8wpVynI/.
- Another great trick is using an over the door shoe bag to store your smaller items and cleaning supplies to clear up shelving space. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AVx0FOyg_P4Q71jwPGQV-PBSF3MU5LOn0Lz4ykbaPUbjY_zn3gucjPk/
- Bedroom Closet
- One simple solution is making the most of your hanging space. You can buy multi layer hangers for your pants so you get a few pairs per hanger. You can also get cascading hanger hooks that allow you to layer hangers, freeing up space. These items can be easily found on Amazon and other stores.
- If you’re looking for a total closet makeover check out this one of many examples. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462322717969296296/
- Linen/Utility Closet
- This link has many ideas for small bathroom storage while adding decorative touches such as planters to store products, wine racks to hold your towels, etc. It also has hidden storage tricks for items such as hair styling tools and cleaning products. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/429812358171799619/
- Crowded counters? You can use an outdoor wall planter as a fruit basket!
- There’s plenty of options for organizing within the cabinets also. Including using spice gripper clip strips to hang your spices on the inside or outside of your cabinet door, and using expandable kitchen cabinet shelves to take advantage of vertical storage space.
- Use glass or plastic containers to store items such as sugars, flours, cereal, pasta, etc. The containers can often be stacked and labeling them will allow you to easily find what you’re looking for.
- Living Room
- If your collection of DVDs is taking up a lot of space, try this storage solution to free up more space by getting rid of the DVD cases! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/424323596127427737/
- Tables and ottomans with storage areas and TV stands with shelving space add decor to your room while doubling as storage solutions.
If you want a helping hand with your organizing, look into hiring a professional organizer. You may not realize how common they actually are; even just in Ohio you can find many professionals that handle a variety of organizational needs. As an associate member of the NAPO North Coast Ohio Chapter I can assure you there are many professional organizers that are ready to help! Check out http://naponorthcoastoh.com/ to find your match. Not in that area, no problem! Check out http://www.napo.net/ to view all members of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO)!
Hopefully these ideas get your wheels turning! There are many storage and organization solutions, you just need to get creative. Most of these will even work in apartments because no remodeling would be needed!
If you’re planning a move before organizing your new home then give us a call, The Lincoln Moving & Storage Co. is here to help!
216.741.5500 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Samantha Barkley